Each year, GlaxoSmithKline awards $40,000 each to 10 Triangle nonprofit organizations for their work toward improving public health. The program was initially limited to nonprofits that focus on health care, but the company expanded it to include those involved in other fields that help people, especially underserved populations, live healthier lives.
CASA is proud and grateful to be a 2015 GSK IMPACT award recipient, along with 9 other amazing Triangle nonprofits. This grant will enable us to continue growing to serve more people in need of affordable housing.
The full list of recipients includes:
- A Helping Hand
- Durham Community Land Trustees
- Durham Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Durham Literacy Center
- East Coast Greenway Alliance
- East Durham Children’s Initiative
- Emily Krzyzewski Center
- First In Families of North Carolina
- The Hope Center at Pullen