For CASA tenants:
Hurricane Florence is expected to bring severe winds and significant amounts of rain to our area over the weekend. Here are some things to know about your apartment during and after the storm.
- During the storm, if you are unsafe in your apartment, call 911 or seek emergency shelter.
- If there are damages to your apartment, call 919-754-9960 to get a message to staff. Do not expect an immediate response from maintenance during the storm. We will not send our staff out until it is safe to be on the roads.
- When it is safe, we will process maintenance requests as quickly as possible. Anticipate delayed responses in the aftermath.
- We expect power outages. Duke Power will also be expecting them and will be working around the clock. Please do not call CASA to report a power outage.
- There’s a lot of great information about how to be prepared and stay safe on the News & Observer website: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/durham-county/article218124900.html
- Resources for Durham and Orange county residents may be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HRNjr_kGYZl7pb1Ogz-Oj_6yS9cmVb-tYPhtpcJUZwo/edit#
- The Carroll Street Neighborhood Information Meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 13 at the Community Family Life and Recreation Center at Lyon Park has been cancelled.
- CASA’s offices will be closed on Friday, September 14, 2018. Please check CASA’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/casanorthcarolina) for other updates throughout the weekend.