December is a time of reflection. We remember the highs and the lows of the past year and make resolutions for the coming year. In 2018, CASA celebrated many accomplishments, and also mourned a profound loss in the death of our longtime CEO, Debra King.
Because of words of encouragement from people like you and our commitment to the belief that the solution to homelessness is housing, we reach the end of the year filled with pride in the impact we made together.
- 137 new households moved into a CASA apartment this year.
- 300 current households renewed their leases with CASA for another year.
- 500 donors helped surpass our fundraising goal by nearly $20,000.
- Our new CEO, Mary Jean Seyda, led us in expanding our staff and preparing for future growth.
- The Durham and Orange County communities supported the progress of two new CASA housing projects in the coming years.
Please take some time to read our annual report and celebrate with us!